Singapore Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) System
SINGAPORE WORKFORCE SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS (WSQ) SYSTEM
The Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) is a national credential system that trains, develops, assesses and certifies skills and competencies for the workforce. As a continuing education and training (CET) system, WSQ supports the SkillsFuture movement to:
- Promote recognition of skills and competencies to facilitate progression, mastery and mobility;
- Promote holistic development of the workforce through technical and generic skills and competencies;
- Support economic development by professionalising skills and competencies to drive industry transformation, productivity and innovation efforts; and
- Encourage lifelong learning.
Training programmes developed under the WSQ system are based on skills and competencies validated by employers, unions and professional bodies. This process ensures existing and emerging skills and competencies that are in demand are used to inform training and development under WSQ. With the roll out of the Skills Frameworks in 2016, the WSQ adopts the skills and competencies covered in the Skills Frameworks. The WSQ programmes are funded and quality-assured by SkillsFuture Singapore, which awards the WSQ certifications.
- Relevant: A competency-based system, designed to develop job role-specific skills and competencies, as well as generic skills and competencies that are required across job roles.
- Accessible: Does not require academic pre-requisites for entry and recognises prior learning, such as work experience and credentials. Available in bite-sized modules leading to the award of a Statement of Attainment, which an individual may acquire leading up to a full WSQ qualification.
- Progression: Makes available skills and qualification pathways which align to the Skills Framework for the respective sectors.
- Authority: Statements of Attainment and qualifications are quality assured and awarded by SkillsFuture Singapore and/or in partnership with established awarding bodies.
Benefits for Individuals:
- Plan career and acquire new skills to enter a new sector or job role. Upgrade skills and advance career
- Achieve qualifications and certifications that demonstrate skills sets to employers
- Obtain portable credentials to improve employability and mobility
- Assess and certify skills and competencies against industry established work standards
Benefits for Employers:
- Provide quality assured and industry-relevant training choices.Guide training and development planning
- Guide performance management
- Strengthen in-house training capabilities
- Facilitate recruitment of competent staff who are certified and equipped with the required skills and competencies
Benefits for Training Provider:
- Articulate clear training outcomes. Develop and deliver training programmes that meet industry needs
- Obtain mark of recognition as an approved training provider of WSQ
WSQ Qualification Levels
SkillsFuture Singapore believes in making WSQ practical and flexible to help Singapore's workforce adapt, grow and develop. WSQ does this by offering bite-sized training modules to enable learning at the individual’s own pace. Upon completion of each module, a Statement of Attainment (SOA) will be awarded. Relevant SOAs can be accumulated to achieve full WSQ Qualification.
The different levels of WSQ qualifications are as follows:
FROM NOVEMBER 2014, ELECTRONIC CERTIFICATES (E-CERTS) ARE ISSUED FOR SOAS AND WSQ QUALIFICATIONS.
Listing of WSQ Framework
WSQ develops skills and competencies in two aspects: Technical and Generic.
Technical skills and competencies comprise occupation, job-specific skills and competencies that an individual needs to perform various job tasks.
Technical Skills and Competencies:
- Assembly and Test
- Clinical Research
- Community and Social Services
- Creative Industries
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Environmental Cleaning
- Financial Industry
- Food and Beverage
- Generic Manufacturing
- Healthcare Support
- Hotel and Accommodation Services
- Human Resource
- Information and Communications Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Port Services
- Precision Engineering
- Process Industry
- Public Transport
- Textile and Fashion
- Tour and Travel Services
- Training and Adult Education
- Workplace Safety and Health for Marine Industry
- Wafer Fabrication
- Waste Management
Generic skills and competencies refer to employability and transferable skills, and competencies that are applicable across job roles.
They help every individual adapt to new job demands and bring relevant skills across different jobs.
Generic Skills and Competencies
- Employability Skills - Executive Development and Growth for Excellence
- Employability Skills - Workplace Skills Series
- Employability Skills - Chinese Workplace Literacy
- Business Management
- Leadership and People Management
- Occupational Hygiene
- Service Excellence
- Workplace Safety and Health Professional