WSQ Diploma in Tourism (Venue Management and Operations) | TGS-2020504632
Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions (MICE) has been a key sector for Singapore's growth, generating many opportunities for local businesses and workers. A further aim of the MICE industry is to attract the high-spending, business visitors attending meetings, conventions, and trade exhibitions.
It is believed that business travellers and MICE sector will continue to be a key contributor for Singapore to move forward. BTMICE venues can range widely in scale and complexity, from purpose-built multifunctional halls to outdoor open space, many entities come together in a complex network of working relationships!
The WSQ Diploma in Tourism (Venue Management and Operations) equips learners on how to apply essential knowledge & skills pertaining to executing events from a venue perspective. Learners will deepen their skills in planning, managing, organising & coordinating of venue operations from venue handover to takeover & setup to teardown, resource allocation & management, equipment procurement & distribution; and the skills to ensure clientele satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Learners on completing the course will deepen their knowledge & ability in idea generation & selection, project management, manpower planning, resource management, workplace health & safety performance management, and managing stakeholders. Providing the extra mile service aspects in an event is an integral part of the learning outcomes of the course. The course aims to deepen & broaden the skillset of PMEs practising in the sector as well as those planning to join the sector.
• Generate and select new ideas in event coordination and operations to develop and schedule the venue operations plan
• Plan, justify and allocate necessary equipment and manpower to support the pre-, during and post-event venue operations
• Develop risk management and on-the-job training plans to minimise injuries in completion of contractual work
• Collate stakeholders’ feedbacks in venue operations service improvement to achieve future events sales
Contents of this Diploma Programme:
- Module 1: Idea Generation and Selection
- Module 2: Project Management
- Module 3: Resource Management
- Module 4: MICE Equipment Management and Venue Management
- Module 5: Manpower Planning
- Module 6: Workplace Safety and Health Performance
- Module 7: Managing Stakeholder Expectations
- Module 8:✔️Ace Your Social Media Marketing Skills