SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up
Step-Up your Learning Journey with SkillsFuture Credit
What is SkillsFuture Credit?
It is a credit for individuals to acquire new skills or to deepen their current skills. It can be used for a wide range of SkillsFuture Credit-eligible courses.
Who Receives SkillsFuture Credit?
- Since 2016, Singaporeans who turn 25 will receive an opening credit (SFC1) of $500 that does NOT expire!
- On top of this opening credit, a one-off top-up (, that will expire,) is available for use from April 2020 to learn new skills.
More about SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up
- This is for Singaporeans who are 25 years old or above in December 2020. They receive a one-time $500 top-up (SFC2). It is claimable from 1 April 2020 for NTUC LearningHub courses and 12 Institutes of Higher Learning.
- From 1 October 2020, this credit can be used for the full-range of SkillsFuture Credit-eligible courses on MySkillsFuture.
- This one-time credit top-up will expire on 31 December 2025. This is to encourage Singaporeans to take action early to acquire new skills, and make the best use of this period of economic slowdown!
Additional SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up (for Mid-Career Support)
- For Singaporeans who are 40 to 60 by 31 December 2020 - additional one-off special of $500 SSG credit (SFC3).
- Claimable from 1 October 2020 for selected career transition programmes (Infocomm Technology, Food Services and Healthcare Sector but SSG will continue to expand the range)
- Expires on 31 December 2025 to encourage Singaporeans to take action early and make the best use of this period of economic slowdown!
Process for Claiming Advance Use of SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up
Submission of claims for SkillsFuture Credit Top-up will NOT be available on MySkillsFuture portal and mobile app until 1 October 2020.
Here’s how you can submit your claim BEFORE 1 October 2020:
- Step 1 – Approach NTUC LearningHub or the 12 Institutes of Higher Learning to verify your citizenship and age.
- Step 2 – The training provider will provide you with a form. Fill up the form and submit to the training provider.
- Step 3 – SkillsFuture Singapore will inform you via email of the outcome of your claim submission.
- Step 4 – The training provider will enrol you in the course.
The SkillsFuture Credit scheme has helped over 170000 people build their work capabilities. Be one of those who benefit from this.
For detailed information on submitting your SSG credit claims, please contact your training provider directly.
Wishing you an exciting and fulfilling lifelong learning journey!