WSQ Project Management Course (CRS-Q-0040996-TOU)
This module aims to impart project management education in a 16-hour SkillsFuture approved course delivered within a span of 2 days with 14.5 hours of training and 1.5 hours of assessment. The certification issued is a Statement of Attainment (SOA). Being SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) approved, typically more mid-career Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above will take this up because they enjoy maximum funding of 90%.
Course Objectives – Project Management (TOU-BIN-4021-1.1)
On completion of this course, participants are expected to acquire the abilities and knowledge to be a Project Management Professional at the workplace. These include:
- AB1: Scope and drive completion of medium scale projects
- AB2: Develop realistic project plans based on assessment of project objectives, scope, and potential interdependencies with other projects
- AB3: Implement appropriate methodologies and tools to achieve desired outcomes effectively
- AB4: Pre-empt risks to success of projects and develop plans to mitigate them
- AB5: Investigate project exigencies, identify and address their root causes
- AB6: Set up timely touchpoints to engage people, internal and external stakeholders, that impact or are impacted by the project processes and outcomes
- AB7: Allocate resources to different parts of the projects based on an assessment of project priorities
- AB8: Coordinate the completion of project deliverables within agreed cost, timescale, and resources
- KN1: Scoping and requirements of medium sized projects
- KN2: Steps to align project and business goals
- KN3: Potential project risks
- KN4: Project stakeholder engagement techniques
- KN5: Effective resource allocation
Course Learning Outcome
Learners can manage medium-scale projects by implementing
appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Individual & Group Activities
- Training Hours: 14.5
- Assessment Hours: 1.5
- Total Hours: 16.0
Course Content of Project Management – TSC (Technical Skills and Competencies) Code: TOU-BIN-4021-1.1
LU 1: Event Initiation
- Scoping and requirements of medium sized projects
- Relationship between business and project goals
- Scope and drive completion of medium scale projects
LU 2: Event Planning
- Develop realistic project and procurement management plans based on assessment of project objectives, scope and potential interdependencies with people and other projects
- Potential project risks
- Project stakeholder engagement techniques
- Effective resource allocation
LU 3: Event Implementation
- Pre-empt risks to success of projects and develop plans to mitigate them
- Risk Response Plans
- Set up timely touchpoints in stakeholder management to engage internal and external stakeholders that impact or are impacted by the project processes and outcomes
- Communication skills to create an effective system of touchpoints
- Allocate resources to different parts of the projects based on an assessment of project priorities
LU 4: Event Control, Completion and Review
- Implement appropriate methodologies and tools to achieve desired outcomes effectively
- Investigate project exigencies, identify, and address their root causes
- Drafting possible solutions and follow-up actions to address project gaps
- Coordinate the completion of project deliverables within agreed cost, timescale and resources
As part of SkillsFuture Singapore requirements, each candidate is required to:
- Complete a Written Assessment
- Complete a Case Study Assessment
- Candidate will be considered competent when all learning outcomes/evidence are fulfilled as per assessment checklist. There are no tests or exam.
- This is a continual, open-book assessment. The duration for this assessment is 45 minutes. There are 7 questions. Candidate will be considered competent if he/she is able to answer all 7 questions correctly based on: AB1, AB2, KN1, KN2, KN3, KN4, KN5. Oral inquiry will be used should there be insufficient evidence of competency.
Case Study Assessment:
- This is a continual, open-book assessment. The duration for this assessment is 45 minutes. There are 6 questions. Candidate will be considered competent if he/she is able to answer all 6 questions correctly based on: AB3, AB4, AB5, AB6, AB7, AB8. Oral inquiry will be used should there be insufficient evidence of competency.
As per SSG requirements, the minimum attendance is 75%.
- Event, Project, Venue Operations Managers / Assistant Managers, Supervisor, Team Lead in planning, organising and implementing events. Experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Minimum entry qualification is GCE 'N' Levels. Otherwise 3 years working experience is preferred.
Course fees (as of Nov 2020) are:
- $480.00 without grant or subsidy. GST will be charged accordingly.
- $81.60 (with GST) for mid-career Singaporeans (aged at least 40 years old)
- $273.60 (with GST) for Singapore Citizens below 40 years old and Permanent Residents.
Participants may utilise SkillsFuture credit for the course fee payment. Participants who are at least 40 years of age will qualify for the SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) and therefore enjoy 90% funding.
Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) can qualify for funding under the ETSS.
Absentee Payroll Funding for SMEs / Non-SMEs is available.
This module and certification are part of the WSQ Diploma in Tourism (Venue Management and Operations).
This course material and associated resources are
designed and developed by Singapore Chinese Chamber Institute of Business
(SCCIOB). Permission should be obtained from SCCIOB prior to any prohibited reproduction, storage in a retrieval
system or transmission in any form or any means such as photocopying,
recording, electronic, mechanical, or likewise.